Friday 16 August 2013

Friday Reads: 16th August 2013

My reading habits have been absolutely abysmal over the past few weeks, and this is largely due to the fact that for the first time in my life I have actually been extremely busy - I know it's hard to believe. From tonight onwards I plan to stay in, save some money and actually read to my hearts content and catch up with some reviews. 

Into The Grey by Celine Kiernan
This book is a ghost story, and being only 70 pages in I am finding this very creepy already. I am not massive fan of horror as a genre with regards to film, but I have never (other than Carrie by Stephen King - but that was ages ago) read a horror book let alone a ghost one, and I am quite intrigued as to how it will develop and make me feel when reading it.

So far, I can feel the tension building and there was one point in the book where I could vividly imagine what happened, and it actually made me shiver. I'm very excited to see where this one takes me.






Starters by Lissa Price
This book sounds as though it's another YA dystopian novel; teenagers renting their bodies to old people so they can feel young again. I just hope it isn't another typical book of that type full of unnecessary "insta-love" triangles and the like, because to be quite frank, I am getting extremely bored of reading about the same things in different plots.

I am not going to let this negative prejudice deter me from enjoying this book however, if it is in fact enjoyable. Each and every book should be read from a blank slate and the plot line does sound amazing. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment